Do you send a race entry notification by email?
As of January 11th, we are accepting names and email addresses for those who would like to be notified when the registration date and time becomes available. You can sign up on the "Register" page (from the top menu).
Is the ‘race briefing’ actually required?
Yes, the race briefing is mandatory. The briefing will be held one day before the race day. Please check the final athlete information for the scheduled time and place. If you do not attend the briefing, you will be disqualified from the race.
Do I need to be a JTU member to participate?
Registration requires a current valid JTU membership ID for the year 2017. Please visit the JTU site and register as a member of your local prefecture before filling out the Osaka Castle Triathlon 2017 registration form.
Non-Japanese residents may use a one-day membership if you do not have a 2017 JTU annual membership. The one-day membership can be purchased when you sign up using our registration form for non-resident participants. This option will be available soon on this website.
What is bike drafting?
Please refer to the following link:
Do I need a wetsuit?
Wetsuits are required for all participants except those in elite category races. You will not be able to participate in the event without a wetsuit. Please prepare a wetsuit which fits well on your body.
What are the cut-off times?
Please note that the following rules may be subject to change. Please check back to see the latest information.
- Swim finish (Standard) : 45 minutes after the swim start.
- Swim finish (Sprint) : 25 minutes after the swim start.
- Bike finish (Standard) : Two hours and 30 minutes after the swim start.
- Bike finish (Sprint) : One hour and 20 minutes after the swim start.
- Run finish (Standard) : Three hours and 40 minutes after the swim start.
- Run finish (Sprint) : Two hours after the swim start.
Is there a valuables check-in available?
Yes. Place your valuables in an A4 size (240mm X 332mm, called "Kaku-2" in Japanese) envelope. Envelopes are limited to one per participant. These envelopes are available in most convenience stores. We regret that this is the only size we accept.
Is it okay to use a front zipper outfit?
Yes and No! Outfits with front zippers are prohibited by the ITU rules, so athletes competing in the Elite category are not allowed to wear them. However, Age Group athletes may wear a front zipper outfit if it is fastened up during the event.
What kind of bicycle is allowed in the Age Group race?
Please use road or triathlon/time-trial bikes. The fixies (fixed gear track bicycle) are not allowed. Only traditional drop handlebars are permitted. The handlebars must be plugged.
What is a “relay team”?
A relay team is made up of two or three participants who compete in a group format during the race. Team members are divided up among the three stages of the course, with one team member competing in no more than two legs of the course: swim, bike, or run. Teams may be made up of any two or three participants regardless of gender, affiliation, or relationship. There is no upper age limit, but team members must be over the age of 18. Teams may consist of all men, all women, or a mix. Awards are presented to the top three teams finishing in the following categories: All Male, All Female, and Mixed.
How do I register as a member of a relay team?
1. One team member must register for a team. The other member(s) of that team must not register through our online registration form. There is a place on the online form where you can fill in the names of your team members.
2. Please have your team name and what leg(s) each member will compete ready before you start online registration.
3. If you are a non-Japanese resident, please purchase a one-day Japan Triathlon Union (JTU) membership for your team. This can be purchased when you sign up using our registration form for non-resident participants.
Is there an age limit for relay team members?
The relay team age limit is consistent with Osaka Castle Triathlon event rules for both standard and sprint distances. Participants must be at least 18 years old.